- 6th coldest winter on record for RDU. Records for RDU go back to 1944.
- Coldest winter since 1978.
- There were 9 days with snowfall. The average snowfall days for RDU during a winter is 3.
- 10th coldest winter on record in Wilmington. Records go back 136 years for Wilmington.
- Low temperatures in January and February averaged below 32. That is only the 5th time that has happened.
- There were 54 days between December 1 and February 28 when then temperature was 55 degrees or lower. 55 is the coldest average high temperature during winter for Wilmington.
- There were 48 days when Wilmington had a low temperature below freezing. That is the 8th greatest number of below freezing lows on record. Wilmington's first freezing temperature this winter was on December 12, which was the 8th latest date for a first freeze!
- 3.8" of snow fell in Wilmington this winter on February 12-13. That is the most snow since January 25-26 when 5.0" of snow was recorded in Wilmington.