Saturday was a stormy evening in parts of the Triangle as a few isolated severe storms pounded the area with rain, hail, gusty winds, and frequent lightning. The above pictures were taken by Chief Meteorologist Gary Stephenson as the storm clouds rolled into Wake County Saturday evening.
Here's a rundown of severe weather reports passed along by the National Weather Service --
- 8:10pm -- Quarter size hail reported in Berea in Granville County
- 9:00pm -- Quarter size hail reported south of Butner in Granville County
- 9:10pm -- Trees down across Kemp Road in eastern Durham County
- 9:10pm -- Penny size hail reported near Norwood Road and Mount Vernon Road northwest of Raleigh in Wake County
- 9:10pm -- Trees down in the Stony Hill area of Wake County
- 9:15pm -- Tree down across Old Erwin Road in eastern Durham County
- 9:20pm -- Tree down across Carpenter Road in eastern Durham County
- 9:25pm -- Tree down across Cornwallis Road in eastern Durham County
- 9:45pm -- Nickel size hail reported near I-40 west-northwest of Parkwood in Durham County
News 14 Carolina viewers also passed along reports of hail, gusty winds, and frequent lightning from the storms. If you ever see severe weather of have weather pictures, you can send us an e-mail anytime to email@example.com.