Friday, November 09, 2007

Great Saturday for Football!

A cool, crisp fall weekend is coming up for central North Carolina, and there's just something about a cool fall Saturday that is perfect for college football. I sweated through the Clemson-NC State game earlier this season when the high was 90. It felt more like 110 in the stands at Carter-Finley. Saturday's temperatures will be in the 50s for most of the day. And that will be almost perfect weather for the big in-state football rivalry -- State and Carolina.

Sure this is a weather blog, but today I thought I would get a little off topic. At least I tried to tie it in with weather in the above paragraph, right?

This year's match up should be a good one. I don't think anyone will argue with me when I say both State and Carolina got off to disappointing starts this year. Of course, no one really expected championship seasons with both teams in a "building phase" with new coaching staffs. Things are turning around for both teams. NC State is now on a 3 game winning streak.

Now, you'll have to forgive me, I am very biased when it comes to the State-Carolina game. If you happened to catch Weather on the Ones this morning, you may have seen me wearing my red NC State tie. If only Sidney Lowe would have let me borrow his famous red blazer! It probably would not have been a good fit though. Plus a red tie, red blazer, and red hair would be just too much red.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this cool, crisp fall weekend. I hope to enjoy the nice football weather at Carter-Finley Stadium and hope I enjoy the end results of the game even more. Go Pack!


No comments: