Wednesday, October 18, 2006

State Fair Fun...

I've had a blast meeting all the News 14 Carolina viewers that stopped by to see The Weather on the Ones team at the Time Warner Cable tent near Dorton Arena. I'm encouraged to learn that you tune to our channel to stay up to date on our always changing North Carolina weather. It's also good to know you trust us during severe weather situations. We're on every ten minutes each and every day and when the weather gets nasty we're not afraid to take control of the situation and go 'wall to wall'.

Okay, I'll step off the soap box now and get back to the subject. I've managed to get to the fair three times this year and I have not been let down! Why I even had my first giant turkey leg Wednesday. That was a sight to see, let me tell you. Here I am, all 5' 6" of me, carrying a turkey leg the size of a baseball bat along the Midway. Where else can you do that?!

So far my most memorable moment came last Friday when Jess Torpey and I stopped by the Agriculture tent to see the Stanley Cup. I've been waiting paitently for months to see the pride and joy of the NHL and the 2006 Champion Carolina Hurricanes. This amazing piece of history is just as breath taking in person as it is to see on television during the playoffs. Seeing it made me realize Lord Stanley's Cup has been more places on Earth than I have, or will ever see for that matter. What a moment, and one I won't soon forget.

No comments: